Malcolm John Harrison
Your PGA Head Professional
My name is Malcolm John Harrison (born on 02.08.1968 in Rugby). I have achieved the highest possible level of training with the Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA) in Great Britain, and am therefore a PGA Class AA Golf Professional. I now have over 30 years of experience both as a player and as an instructor at the highest level.
Golf at the highest level
My philosophy of golf is simple.
Learn the basic principles that have been proven
to work from the very beginning of the game,
i.e. aim, grip, stance, ball position, posture, swing path and swing plane.
Know what you want to achieve, practice and make sacrifices in order to get there.
Enjoyment and satisfaction:
these two things are the result of implementing the approach.
Etiquette and respect:
These are two very important factors in golf.
First and foremost for the game of golf, but also for other golfers and for yourself.
Knowledge of the rules:
Remember! The greater your knowledge of the rules, the better it will be for you.
Always remember that the rules are there to help the player and not hinder him.
More about my Golf career
I worked with Mr. Luther Blacklock. Together we worked with professional Golfers to learn more about the swing, with the learn program “Explaner teaching aid”.
Occupational career (finally yet)
- 1978: With the age 10 years Malcolm started to play golf
- 1984-1990: Malcolm reached HCP 2, and became Pro Assistant of Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club.
- 1990-1994: Head Professional for Folgaria & Breakpoint Golf Clubs
- 1994-1998: Head Professional for the Huyton & Prescott Golf Club
- 1998-2003: Head Professional for the Golf Club Petersberg
- 2003-2009: Golf- director from the Golf Club Brunston Castle Scotland.
- 2009: Actually, Head Professional of the Golf Academy Schloss Freudenstein
- 1988: first win on a Profi tournament, Hopwood GC Manchester, score -2, he won with 5 shots
- 1990: Participation on “British PGA circuit”, he won a lot of money awards and a distinction on PGA School of Excellence.
- And since than he made 4 holes in one, and one of them on hole number 9 at Golf Club Petersberg.
- The Golfclub Turnberry Blacklock Scotland asked him, for being a member.